FACE TO FACE CONSUMER GOODS AND SERVICES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS: www.smartpupbox.com and www.waggawuffins.com
WAGGAWUFFINS CANINE COLLEGE LIMITED and SMART PUP BOX
Families and Children Attending
What do I need to bring with me?
We are very family friendly and encourage all the immediate family to attend with your puppy. Your household must remain in the pod unless they are training the dog out on the floor. You can bring young children with you, however; it is your responsibility to keep them under control. They will need to remain seated unless they are training the dog with you. We recommend you bring them an Ipad and headphones if you think they might get bored.
Handling and training a dog/puppy can be challenging and sometimes people can get anxious about the first week. We recommend you come on your first week without any young children and then decide if you think bringing children along is going to be beneficial and feasible for you, your child and your dog.
Other Dogs – Socialisation and Play
When dogs come to Waggawuffins they will all have a different emotional experience, some will be overexcited, some neutral and some even scared. It is therefore important that social interactions are under trainer supervision only. Don't allow your dog to pull on the lead and approach another dog. Firstly it's not good first learning for the dog to be dragging you to other dogs. Secondly if the other dog is nervous it will be overwhelming for them. Good socialisation is about positive experiences and learning to control social impulses.
Accessing the Venue and Respecting the Venue
The training area is carpeted with 6mm rubber underneath. This provides a non-slip surface that will not put pressure on joints. Please make sure your dog has ‘been’ to the toilet before you come into the facility and that you are not wearing muddy footwear. It is also advisable to keep adolescent males away from the posts and doorways. Please help keep the College a nice place to come and train your dog. Anyone found to be allowing their dog to mess outside and not clear it up will be reported to the local authority and asked to leave the centre.
Arriving and Departing
We have a 10-minute class turnaround time. You will be able to enter the building five minutes before your start time.
In the training area you will see that there are 8 training pods, you will be told which number pod is yours, go straight to your pod and make yourself comfortable.
Due to the timeframe between classes and instructors needing to prepare for the next lesson we will be unavailable to answer questions before and after your class. Please get in touch via email if you are having any serious or specific problems or you can join our private customer Facebook group and ask questions there https://www.facebook.com/groups/289171955103523/
Bring your vaccination certificate to show us. You will need to bring your dog on a collar or harness and lead. Extendable leads and slip leads are not allowed. We recommend a Halti type 6 ft training lead with links to shorten it. We do have these in our shop. We do not allow prong, choke or check chain type collars or harnesses that tighten around the dog when they pull. If using a harness we recommend one with clip at the front and on the back.
Bring a toy for your dog (not squeaky!) a blanket, poo bags and high value treats.
We recommend you bring some high value extra tasty treats and plenty of them, probably more than you think you need. We recommend JR Pet Products Pate or anything that is 100% meat. Alternatively, cocktail sausages or cheese chopped into small little cubes. We recommend puppy training treats are no bigger than the size of your little fingernail. If you bring low value treats such as kibble you may struggle to keep your dog’s attention and interest for 50 minutes. Preparation and planning is an important aspect of successful dog training.
Please do not bring anything crumbly. If you are bringing chicken, please chop it before you cook it so it doesn’t break apart. Treats in cubes are the best.
We do have a shop in the centre and you can purchase training treats from there using cash, contactless card or mobile device.
You may want to bring a snuffle mat or a stuffed Kong to keep your dog occupied during the session.
Preparing your Dog for Training Classes
Please do not feed your dog before you come to training class. We use food in training and if they are full, they will not be interested in the food. If your dog is really, really, greedy, feed them a very small meal more than an hour before class.
We are a positive, kind and reward based organisation, anyone seen to be inappropriately handling their dog will be asked to leave, this includes any form of physical correction or manhandling of the dog. If you are unsure or struggling and we have not noticed, please ask for our help, that’s what we are here for. Please don’t worry if your dog is naughty or disruptive, it’s what they do, and we are here to support you.
Infection Risk Dogs
As with any environment (parks, kennels) where dogs have been, there is a risk your dog may pick up an infection from another dog. Many illnesses have incubation periods such as kennel cough and a dog may be infected and contagious but not yet showing signs. If your dog picks up an infection, please do not bring your dog to the centre and contact us to let us know.
Bitches In Season
Bitches in Season are not allowed in the training centre.
If your female comes into season please call the office on 0161 762 0174 and we will advise accordingly.
Payments and Fees
We are a professional organisation and payment must be made in advance to secure places for any of the classes.
Payment is for 6 consecutive weeks, which means that if you miss a week you lose it, we cannot carry weeks over or swap days. We believe payment in advance makes you commit to your dog and the training and means you do not miss out on important training and fall behind holding back the rest of the class. This also enables us to limit our class numbers providing you with a better service.
Fees are Non-Refundable, Transferable or Returnable within 72 hours prior to the course start date. Cancellations more than 72 hours prior to the course start date will incur a £24 administration charge.
If you are unable to attend a class please call the office on 0161 762 0174 and leave a message. The team working that evening will not have access to email or social media.
ONE TO ONE TRAINING AND BEHAVIOUR
Fees are Non Refundable, Transferable or Returnable within 72 hours prior to the one to one start date. Cancellations more than 72 hours prior to the one to one start date will incur a £24 administration charge.
Online Support for Foundation 6 Week Courses
During the 6 weeks you are attending the puppy course or the beginners obedience course, you will also have membership access to our online portal, there are step by step video tutorials and PDF handouts for all the exercises you learn in class. You can use this to recap during the week and to support family members who are unable to attend the classes to get involved in the training from home.
Gundog, Progressive, Advanced and Mixed Activity Classes do not have online Resources
If at any point government guidelines require the training centre to close we will provide interactive live lessons online via GoTo Meeting for all classes.
Other Professionals Attending Classes
We do permit other dog professionals to attend our classes to learn with their dogs. However, it is important that the company and its generosity to share knowledge is respected and they remember that they are there as a client and a learner.
Promotion or discussion of their own business within the facility or the Facebook group with our clients is not permitted. Offering advice or support during classes or offering/providing services paid, or free, that we provide to our clients will result in being unable to attend our classes.
We cannot vouch for or recommend the businesses of other professionals who attend our classes as they are attending purely as clients to learn just like everyone else and sometimes we know nothing about them.
Filming and Photography
We will, during our classes, take video or photos for social media. If you do not want us to film or take photos of you or your dog please inform us at the start of your course.
You are permitted to take photos and video of you and your dog during the classes. You are not permitted take any video or photography or voice recordings of other clients or the instructors.
Any footage taken during the classes cannot be used to promote or market other services or businesses.
ONLINE AND FACE TO FACE CONSUMER GOODS AND SERVICES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS: www.smartpupbox.com and www.waggawuffins.com
WAGGAWUFFINS CANINE COLLEGE LIMITED and SMART PUP BOX
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause
- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms [or require any changes], please contact us to discuss.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Waggawuffins Canine College Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10987004 and our trading address is Unit 2, Britannia Mill, Samuel Street, Bury, Lancashire BL9 6AW. Our registered VAT number is 321624829.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0161 762 0174 or by writing to us at [email protected].
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- Your order. During your subscription your order includes some or all of the following during the period of your subscription, according to the options selected during the ordering process:
- a monthly box of products for a period of 10 months. One box is supplied to you each month. In addition to these, there is a single purchase Training Games Box. Each of the 10 monthly boxes will contain a manual for training your puppy, treats, toys and other accessories. The single purchase training box and the gift box will contain other products as advertised on our website.
- access all website content on www.smartpupbox.com.
- private Facebook group, including our support.
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
- Our products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Only some of the products are displayed and your products may vary from those images.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- Your rights to make changes
8 - your rights to end the contract).
We will supply the services, goods or digital content to you until either the services are completed or the subscription expires (if applicable) or you end the contract as described in clause
- Our rights to make changes
- Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, for example if recycling laws change and we are not permitted to supply certain types of goods or to reflect changes in food laws; and
- to implement technical adjustments and improvements to products.
- More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the product on our website, we may substitute products for other products illustrated on our website of equal value or worth.
- Updates to digital content. We may upload, update, change, delete or remove digital content in our absolute discretion.
- Providing the products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the products.
8 or we end the contract by written notice to you as described in clause 10.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
- When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you collect it from us.
- When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product 30 in any 90 day period we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for products while they are suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 30 days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 12.4) and you still do not make payment within 5 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see clause 12.6). We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see clause 12.5).
- Your rights to end the contract
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 8.5.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an error in the price of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- an off-premises contract under which the payment to be made is less than £42;
- digital products after you have started to download or stream these;
- services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running;
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
- sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, once these products are unsealed after you receive them; and
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- How long do I have to change my mind? For goods bought you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless your goods are for regular delivery over a set period for example 6 months). In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods. However, we will usually treat your each monthly order as a separate purchase so you may cancel future monthly orders.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 8.1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund admin and handling expenses as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call us on 0161 762 0174 or email us at [email protected]. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us at 60 Melverley Road, Blackley Manchester M9 0PG. Please call us on 0161 762 0174 or email us at [email protected] for a return label. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
- Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.2.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
How to tell us about problems
- Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 5 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, information requested about your dog or contact or delivery information;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 15 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- If there is a problem with the product
. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone us at 0161 762 0174 or write to us at [email protected]
or Unit 2, Britannia Mill, Samuel Street, Bury, Lancashire BL9 6AW.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
|Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, for example [furniture or a laptop], the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 8.3.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call us on 0161 762 0174 or email us at [email protected] for a return label or to arrange collection.
- Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with Visa and MasterCard. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying: for goods, you must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will take payment when the order is placed by you.
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- How we may use your personal information
- Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, you may transfer our guarantee at clause 8.4 to a person who has acquired the product or, where the product is services, any item or property in respect of which we have provided the services. We may require the person to whom the guarantee is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item or property.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except as explained in clause 15.2 in respect of our guarantee. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings? These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.